Top tips for a Halloween Disco
What makes a good Halloween Disco?
Over the years we have entertained countless people at Halloween Discos. Of course, you can expect everyone who attends to be in fancy dress and that is always a great start to create a great atmosphere.
There are a number of things in a DJ’s armory that can add to this. Most good DJ’s will have a fog/haze machine and setting this to work half an hour before the event can create a spooky fog in the room when the guests arrive. If you are booking a room check with the DJ that they have a haze machine and check with the venue that they are OK to use this as some can be funny about setting off fire alarms.
The lighting set up of the DJ can be important also. You do not need to go over the top with this as most scary scenes are quite dark anyway. A good laser can be great, as well as some mood lighting like LED pars.
The PA will need good bass as most spooky tunes have a low range base echoing through them. Finally, the DJ can use some very simple tricks of the trade to jazz up their rig. Some spiders webbing draped over speaker stands
Best Halloween songs
- Thriller – Michael Jackson
- Monster – The Automatic
- I put a spell on you – Screamin Jack Hawkins
- Season of the Witch – Donovan
- The Time Warp – Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Moster Mash – Bobby ‘Boris’ Pickett and the Crypt Kickers
- Ghost Town – The Specials
- Somebody’s watching me – Rockwell
- Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr
- Don’t fear the reaper – Blue Oyster Cult
- Pet Ceremony – The Ramones
- Werewolves of London – Warren Zevon
- Nightmare on my Street – DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
Your Mobile DJ Halloween Checklist
- Haze (lots of)
- deep base speakers
- spiders webs
- dark cape
- laser lighting